Events Made Easy Forums How do I … pagination without shortcodes

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m creating a custom theme which includes events and I can’t seem to get 2 concepts working together.

What I want: A main events page to display 5 events and have pagination to further events. Each event has a button to click through to view the single event.

The problem: I can’t get both the pagination and view single event concepts working at the same time.

With using the shortcode clicking on the event name just refreshes the current page with the full listing of events. However I am able to use the shortcode for paging, so that works out well.

If I set the default events page in the EME settings instead of using the shortcode, I can click on the event and get the expanded version of the events, but I can’t figure out how to get the pagination.

Franky
    Keymaster

You need a to set an Events page in the EME settings, that’s used to render any and all event info into. Any real content on that page is ignored (even other shortcodes).

Just create a regular page and use a shortcode there:

[events_list limit=5 paging=1]

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t understand. I thought that setting the events page in the settings meant that it would ignore all shortcodes, including that one?

Also, I did that: I’ve created a page called “events” and I’ve put this shortcode in it.

[events_list limit=3 paging=1]

I’ve only got 5 events, so I set both the shortcode and settings to display 3 events.

I’ve set the events page in my settings to this page.. and there are no paging buttons on the actual page. No next button, “page 1” etc.

If I turn off the setting for that page, and rely only on the shortcodes I get pagination options at the top and bottom of my list of events, but when I click on an event it just brings me back to page one of the events listing

Franky
    Keymaster

I think you misunderstood me:

You need a to set an Events page in the EME settings, that’s used to render any and all event info into. Any real content on that page is ignored (even other shortcodes).

Then create another regular page with the example I mentioned above:

[events_list limit=5 paging=1]

Anonymous
    Inactive

AHA! The missing link! I didn’t realize the EME setting option was for the single event page.

The following setup is now functioning properly:

1. “Events” page – contains the shortcode [events_list limit=5 paging=1]

2. “Single Event” page – set in the EME settings as the events page

Thanks for your help!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top